We’re reissuing the first three Grandaddy albums on vinyl. And, in the spirit of reviving long lost art, we’ve resurrected popular Grandaddy shirts from the past. There may be more of these to come. Sign up for the newsletter, and we’ll keep you in the loop on future releases.
*** All pre-orders will ship by the week of July 18th.
Under the Western Freeway$ 19.00
Grandaddy’s 1997 debut album! Under The Western Freeway has never been released on vinyl in North America. Be one of the first to own this lovely gem. In the words of the Independent it’s “a stream of understated pop gems”!
The Sophtware Slump$ 19.00
Just in time for its 11th anniversary Grandaddy’s second album, originally released in 2000, has been remastered at Sterling Sound for this 2011 package. Pitchfork claims that “This is quite possibly the last great entry in the atmospheric pop canon”.
Grandaddy’s 2003 opus has been been newly remastered for this release. This one’s a double LP and so is a little bit more expensive. It’s worth it!
Robodeer T-Shirt$ 20.00
Shirts are unisex American Apparel Fine Jersey Short Sleeve tees. The color is Slate.
COLLECTOR’S PACKAGE$ 100.00
- Vinyl version of ‘Under The Western Freeway’ (reissue of original) – never been released in America
- Vinyl version of ‘The Sophtware Slump’ (remastered, reissue of original)
- Vinyl version of ‘Sumday’ (remastered, reissue of original double LP)
- Tshirt with original artwork designed by the band and produced just for this deluxe package. This T shirt will not be sold separately. Shirt is unisex American Apparel Fine Jersey Short Sleeve tees. The color is Royal Blue.
- 12×12 Art poster/collage made with love by the hands of Jason Lytle exclusively for this this deluxe package. This poster will not be sold separately.
All orders are shipped with love and care by Grandaddy. We will make every attempt to get orders out quickly, but please be patient with us if we ever fall behind.
NEWSView All News »
It’s happening. Please come join us.
Wednesday, August 8th in Big Sur, California USA @ Henry Miller Library Tickets
Sunday, August 12th in San Francisco, California USA @ The Independent Tickets
Monday, August 13th in Los Angeles, California USA @ Fonda Theatre Tickets
Friday, August 17th in Hasselt, Belgium @ Pukkelpop Tickets
Saturday, August 18th in Trondheim, Norway @ Pstereo Tickets
Wednesday, August 22nd in Malmo, Sweden @ Malmo Festival More Info
Friday, August 24th in Zurich, Switzerland @ Zurich OpenAir Festival Tickets
Saturday, August 25th in Pully, Switzerland @ For Noise Festival Tickets
Sunday, August 26th in Paris, France @ Rock En Seine Tickets
Wednesday, August 29th in Manchester, UK @ Ritz Tickets
Thursday, August 30th in Glasgow, Scotland @ ABC Tickets
Friday, August 31st in Stradbally, Ireland @ Electric Picnic Tickets
Sunday, September 2nd in Salsbury, UK @ End of the Road Festival Tickets
Tuesday, September 4th in London, UK @ Shepherd’s Bush Empire Tickets
Just over 11 years after its original release, we are again celebrating The Sophtware Slump. This time it’s as the expanded Deluxe Edition which has been released today. The original album remains untouched in all its glory. We’ve also taken the time to collect a lot of other sounds from the period and included them in the hope of giving a clearer picture of that moment in time. Dig in to check out the original intro to “He’s Simple, He’s Dumb, He’s the Pilot” (called “Discarded Pilot Intro” here) as well as the original demos for “Chartsengrafs,” “Beautiful Ground,” and “Hewlett’s Daughter.” The Bsides are there as well along with an expanded version of the booklet with writings from Jason and Jim and some unseen photos from back in the day. Scroll down to the bottom of this email to check out the full tracklisting.
You can get all of this digitally via iTunes worldwide. Here’s the link to buy it in the US. In Europe, you can also grab an actual double disc CD in a nice digipak. You can order that via Amazon here. This physical package is not going to be released in the US so if you want it you’ll have to pay the import prices. Sorry about that! It’s unfortunately just one of those things.
Also, on October 3rd, Europe will get a new double vinyl version of the record. You can check out the tracklisting for that and pre-order it here.
On Tuesday August 23rd (tomorrow) at 1pm London time, Jason will be on BBC6 with Radcliffe & Maconie and to discuss the reissue. You can listen live here.
The Sophtware Slum (Deluxe Edition)
1. He’s Simple, He’s Dumb, He’s The Pilot
2. Hewlett’s Daughter
3. Jed The Humanoid
4. The Crystal Lake
6. Underneath The Weeping Willow
7. Broken Household Appliance National Forest
8. Jed’s Other Poem (Beautiful Ground)
9. E. Knievel Interlude (The Perils Of Keeping It Real)
10. Miner At The Dial-A-View
11. So You’ll Aim Toward The Sky
1. Discard Pilot Intro
2. Our Dying Brains
4. Wives of Farmers
5. Chartsengrafs (original demo)
6. N. Blender
7. Wonder Why In L.A.
8. Air Conditioners in the Woods
9. Moe Bandy Mountaineers
10. First Movement / Message Send
12. Beautiful Ground (original cassette tape demo)
13. Street Bunny
15. What Can’t Be Erased (Drinking Beer in the Bank of America with Two Chicks from Tempe Arizona)
16. I Don’t Want To Record Anymore
17. Aisle Seat 37-D
18. Hewlett’s Daughter (original cassette tape demo)
19. Rode My Bike To My Stepsister’s Wedding
The Control Group is reissuing the first 3 Grandaddy albums on vinyl! (Under The Western Freeway, The Sophtware Slump, Sumday)
The Control Group has worked with the us to remaster and re-release our first three albums on vinyl. We decided to throw some t shirts and art into the mix as well. Everything’s available on July 19, 2011.
“We’re pleased to acknowledge the vinyl reissue of The Sophtware Slump, Sumday, and Under The Western Freeway. They’ve been out of print, and we’re happy to have them back. All of this is occurring in honor of the approximate 11 year anniversary of The Sophtware Slump. Yes …. 11 years. Much better than 10.”